Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Just Say "NO" to OHSS

Today's appointment was fairly uneventful, which is fine since any "event" would have meant ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. If I would have had OHSS, it would mean that I could not do clomid next month, and we'd most likely have to deal with cysts (could be easy or not). I'd rather not, thank you.

The doctor was more sociable today than he's been EVER, which was fine with me. I'm pretty personable, and when someone isn't, I'm a bit annoyed:) He did want to talk about the "worst case scenario" which would be that the IUI didn't work this month. This was not an inquiry into what my mental state might be (haha), but for making a plan for next month. I told him money wouldn't allow IUI in December, so we most likely wouldn't plan on it. He did offer a higher dosage of clomid (which is fairly cheap) and trying the old fashioned way in December. That's the "worst case scenario plan". Still waiting to see.....

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ahhhh! I'm getting too excited. I want this so bad for you guys. SO BAD!