Tuesday, March 01, 2011

A Little Bit of Encouragement

We've been trying to organize our office for years now:) and so today I've been going through some of my stuff. There are times when I read a Bible verse or see a quote i like, jot it down, and add it to the clutter so I can find it in a year when I'm attempting organization. Today, however, I'm going to post some of those encouragements so I can get rid of a few pieces of paper. Oh yeah, and I need some encouragement.

From Guideposts (submitted by readers, original authors unknown):
"Faith is the place between the way things are and the good that is sure to come."

"If your cup runneth over, set it in someone else's saucer."

"Joy is choosing to see the beauty and blessings no matter what comes our way in life. It doesn't disappear because of the circumstances. Happiness is circumstantial, but joy builds in your life over time." (Ed Young)


A prayer that I ripped out of somewhere, quite fitting:
"Lord, I want to accept the truth that You have given me everything I need. Whatever I face today, You have already provided the resources I need. Remind me that what I feel has no bearing on what You can do. Thank you not only for Your gift of a new relationship with You, but also for the amazing adventure of living life with you."


From God's Word:
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

"'I am the Lord; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations...'" Isaiah 42:6

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are some good quotes and Bible verses! I love the prayer...

Tina said...

Thank You, thank you, thank you... :)Loved these SO much!