Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Much, Much Better

Today's IUI went so much better than yesterday's. I was dreading it so bad, but God heard all your prayers for me and answered them:) Hopefully He'll answer the pregnancy ones soon, too!

I seem to have made a lasting impression on the office with my body's antics yesterday. The receptionist said, "wow, you have color today!", and when I was checking out she said they were all worried about me yesterday. The nurse pointed out to Conrad the drawer than held the barf bags. The doc said that the first day is usually worse than the second. The only thing that got me in for today's procedure (besides the deep desire to be a mommy) was thinking that there was no way in he** that I could feel any worse than I did yesterday. The most painful part of today was the fact that my cervix had PTSD so he had to get out some forceps in addition to the usual 8-inch long catheter. YIKES!! The cramping has been very minimal, thank God!

Every time I go, I'm reminded of why I'm switching doctors as soon as I get that BFP. Conrad is even more adamant about it than me. He is so unfriendly! Not rude, just not personable...at all. Today when we were talking about my day 20 clomid check, he told me he was going to be out of town next week. Enter me, trying to make small talk, "Going somewhere fun?" He gave Conrad and me about 20 seconds of an answer, which included us asking some more guiding questions after finding out he was going to a big basketball tourney in Indiana to watch his son. Since Conrad is totally into basketball I thought hmmmm...maybe we could make a *connection* or something. Nope. He was all too eager to walk out of that room. Whatever. Now I know why his former nurse that's an acquaintance of mine isn't missing her job (even though I miss having an ally there!).

Before today's more pleasant IUI experience, I was ready to give up trying any more IUIs because of the pain factor. I am kind of still ready to give it up, especially considering the obstacles we have, and the fact that IUI may not do the trick anyway. We won't be able to do IUI for the next 6-8 months because farming will be starting up hardcore, but even after that, I feel like we're wasting time, money, and pain. I am really hoping that I get a BFP in a couple of weeks. But, if not, I'm praying for a miracle baby conceived naturally, or miracle money to fund an in vitro attempt.

Thank you again to all my friends who support us in this journey. I would be [even more of] an emotional wreck without all of you:) So thankful for God's peace and the friendships He's granted Conrad and me.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Yay for feeling better!

Tina said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

Lauren McKnight said...

So glad today's was better and I'm crossing my fingers and praying hard!