Thursday, March 03, 2011

Stuck

Excerpt from the book B12: Doses of Encouragement by Gail McWilliams:

DAY 8: STUCK

You are not stuck, you have been strategically positioned for this hour. Embrace today and its variables, knowing it is adding to your resume and aiding in your upcoming promotion. Everything you have done is in preparation for this moment. Your day is more than just mere routine; it is essential training. Embrace every task with excellence and expectancy.

Psalm 32:8 (NLT)
The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.”


Question
How would your day change if you knew you had been positioned instead of being stuck?

May you see the value of where you are.

About two years ago, Gail McWilliams spoke at a women's convention that I attended. She was phenomenal...to say the least. Not only did she struggle with a doctor's diagnosis of "You'll never be able to have children" (she has five, naturally born), but she's also dealt with a rare situation in pregnancy that made her eyes hemmorage every time she was pregnant, ultimately causing complete blindness. Her faith and humor touched me, and I ordered her book Seeing Beyond as soon as I got home. I ate it up, reading her vulnerable truths in a day. I gave it to my MIL, and she passed it on to her mom. This e-mail devotional I got from her was perfect for where I'm at today. I have to believe that every day plays a part in my future, in our future as a couple. None of this is in vain: another month of "trying" to have a baby by IUI, the opposition from family in building our farming operation, the people we are in contact with every day, etc. God has a plan. "God has a plan, and you are a part of it. You are very brave," heard at a Child Crisis Management Training.

May we all embrace every task and every day with excellence and expectancy.

(I'll post a video of her family's story. It will increase your faith...oh, and you might wanna grab a tissue.)

1 comment:

Baby Hopes said...

Thank you for this encouragement! It helped today after quite a roller coaster over the past 36 hours. Thanks again -