Saturday, March 05, 2011

Samoas, UTIs, Cute little girls, and pills...

First of all, aren't Samoa Girl Scout cookies the best?! I am eating one right now, even though it's only 11 a.m. They're naughty and I never should've bought them, but I wanted to support my co-workers daughter--selfless, really.

The UTI is not my personal problem, but my little feline Gracie's. She's been beside herself for about 5 days now, and we were able to get her to a vet this morning. Conrad had to take her because I watched a friend's daughter overnight. I offered to take Gracie, and he could wake up with A, but he chose Gracie:) I guess he had a heck of a time at the office, and Conrad's scratced-up hand proves it. Gracie does not like unsolicited attention...especially a rectal thermometer. Poor thing! The vet also gave her a shot, and sent home some antibiotics we have to give her twice a day. That should be interesting.

Last night, I watched a friend's little girl. She's about 18 months old and an absolute doll! Conrad and I had fun with her...she's warming up to him and was playing with us both and smiling and laughing. Should've taken some pictures, but we were having too much fun! She is such a good little baby, and slept 11 hours straight (with only a few vocal squeals during the night). My friend is a single mom, due to circumstances outside of her control, and her soon-to-be-ex-husband is out of state so she really has no "break", so to speak, besides when she's at work. I admire her strength to make it through all of this commotion, and it's fun to watch her little girl grow up and bring such joy to people.

And lastly, the *fun* part of the month where I get to start my regimen of Clomid again. The doc upped by dose to 150mg and told me to take it cd 3-7 instead of 5-9 like I have been. He said the earlier start will give the eggs more of a chance to mature. Each increase also brings more of a chance of multiples, but since only one tube is open, it's not too likely, nor would I be opposed to twins. I'm not looking forward to another IUI, but you do what you gotta do, right? If it doesn't work this month, we'll probably stop doing anything under doctor supervision. The months that Conrad is farming he is so busy and it's hard to break away even for 4 hours during the day. Plus, after the March procedure, I will have used over half of what's available in my health savings account...so... I guess I'll just take it one day at a time, whether I like it or not.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Samoa's are evil and I love them!! I had to support the girl scouts right??? And they delivered to work so what's easier. :)