Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Isn't this a "Special Time"?

I just got off the phone with a friend and we had a very truthful conversation that is making me laugh now when I go over it again in my head. Our combined symptoms include: not fitting in pants we fit in last week, laying in the hallway awaiting the next date with the porcelin throne, unquenchable pain despite our desparate attemps at popping OTC pain relievers, etc., etc. After we compared notes, I said, "isn't this a special time?" To which she responded, sarcastically (of course), "oh yeah."

Okay, so I never thought I'd blog about Aunt Flow, but she deserved it today. Also, I figure it's better to laugh than to cry at her oh-so-unwanted arrival in my life AGAIN. One day, Aunt Flow, you will LEAVE ME ALONE for 9 months and give me some peace! Until then, I will make light of, and curse, your unwelcome visits.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Amen sista!