Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Money...

Money...I don't like it. Yeah, I know that Dave Ramsey says that money is amoral--not good, not bad. But...

Today our water got turned back on after 3 days. We (well, the guys we hired) had to replace tons of parts to our well...a fun part of being a homeowner:) Our bill for parts was estimated at $5,900 (this is with 15% off), plus we get to pay for their labor.

On the upside, this problem occured in the summer and not the winter, we have a 5 year warranty on the equipment (usually you get 1 year or nothing), and the pump guy said it should last 16-20 years.

On the downside, this is A LOT of money!!! Not only is it money we don't have, but it's money that we've been hoping to save up for infertility treatments. I guess I do like running water, but, REALLY?!

So now, what I'm trying to do is remind myself that God is in control of our lives--our finances, our future family, our home, etc., etc. Sometimes it's hard to remember this, but I'm trying. Okay, maybe next post will be more upbeat:) Until then, I'm going to enjoy watering my lawn and garden, showering, flushing the toilet, washing dishes, etc.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm thankful they were able to fix your water even though the money part is not happy. Perhaps you should turn on a sprinkle and run through it like a kid. Because kids don't have money worries.

Bobbinoggin said...

I'm so sorry Adriane. That is really annoying. And frustrating. And emotionally depleting.

We're currently looking at homes. And I'm having a freak out moment. It sounds like this in my brain, "say goodbye to replacing our car. paying medical bills. sending our daughter to the private Christian school we wanted to send her to. and even being able to fix or update the house. poverty is apparently the American dream in owning a home! yippeeee!"