Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Pregnancy Announcements

One day, I will have one. Until then, I will grin and bear it when people tell me they are expecting. On Monday, I heard 3 announcements...2 from married couples (who got pregnant with their first and this second one quickly, of course), and the third one was a 16-year-old girl who came into the credit union. What does a 16-year-old do when she's pregnant? Well, there are a few options, but in the Hispanic culture (have I mentioned that caucasians are the minority in my little town?), you get married. I don't know why people think that just because one's pregnant you have to get married. Seriously? I'm sure their relationship hasn't been built on the things that contribute to a healthy, fun, and even bearable marriage.

Today, my co-worker came into the vault (so my manager couldn't hear!) while I was filing and told me she's pregnant. She's been feeling "weird" for a little while, but has definitely not been TTC. In fact, she hasn't even told her significant other. He's gone half the month for work, so she's waiting till he gets home again, and she's not sure how he'll react (they already have a 6- and 15-year-old).

I'm not expecting everyone to put their baby-making on hold just for me. But, these announcements catch me off guard (esp. the teen and my co-worker), and I am thankful that my emotions are under a little bit more control than they've been in the past. I can't pretend that they don't affect me, because they do. I guess we'll see what God has in store for building my family. Conrad and I aren't done trying (that's for you, Michel), so to speak. But, no clomid, no IUIs, etc. for awhile. I'm kind of okay with it...just because it gets so draining emotionally and physically.

No comments: