Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hope Restored Tour--Andy Kirk and Aaron Shust LIVE!



We rarely get Christian concerts too close to us, but a few weeks ago, I was blessed with the opportunity to attend the Andy Kirk/Aaron Shust concert at our local (30 minutes away at ISU) performing arts center. I knew it was going to be good because I'd seen Aaron (yes, we're on a first-name basis...) on the K-Love cruise in 2008, and he is one of the artists that I knew I wanted to see again. We got VIP tickets that enabled us to be part of a Q&A before the show, as well as get first pick of seats. I loved the Q&A because it was so great to hear both Aaron and Andy talk like the men they are (human being men, not supermen!). Both spoke of their desire to worship God, and about how that's their main goal, is to worship and lead people into worship. The concert was AMAZING!!! Andy Kirk (a new artist, just a baby at 23!) started things off with a mix of contemperary worship songs and songs he'd written that were on his album. I love that at Christian concerts, they usually have the words to the songs up so you can sing along, or read along with what the artist is singing. Aaron Shust did a set for maybe an hour, give or take? What a passionate man, both in his music and in his "sermonettes". A few really hit home and spoke to where I'm at in my life right now, both individually and with Conrad, as we're looking at our future. Aaron alternated between rockin' out with the band on his guitar, and then inviting us to sit and "drink in" God's presence as he took it down a notch and played the piano. The last 2-3 worship songs were a combination of Aaron on the piano and Andy on the guitar jamming out while the whole audience was singing at the top of their lungs praising God. So refreshing! Times like that go too fast!! Afterward, I bought Andy's CD (which is fabulous) and had him sign it. I wanted to talk to Aaron so bad, and my patience paid off. He signed my concert ticket and we got a minute or two to chat. Overall, it was a great night, and I left feeling full of peace and joy. I'm so thankful that God has enabled people to use their talents for His glory, and that people are obedient.



No comments: