Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Just got a text about my sweet friend's grandpa going to meet Jesus today. He went peacefully, and she also said that he loved numbers (10-10-10!!). I became curious about the meaning of number 10, and *googled* it. Here's what I found:

Ten : 10 - Biblical Meaning of Number: deals with completeness that happens in a divine order or completed during a course of time. There's nothing that is left wanting within the complete cycle the number "ten" has just completed. (In today's society this number is looked at mostly when referring to some kind of ranking or describing something that's close to perfection).
http://www.christian-resources-today.com/biblical-meaning-of-numbers.html

I really like the references in this second link regarding "10":
http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/10.html


Thought it was pretty cool!! Praying for my friend, her family, and all those who had the privilege to know such a fine man...

p.s. If any of y'all can tell me how to insert a link (I clicked the button, entered the address in the box that popped up, but it never showed once I published...) that would be great:)

1 comment:

Steph said...

I have had some luck with the links when you select the "Link" option in the blog toolbar and then paste the info through there.