Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can Someone Please Make the Decision For Me??

I've been crazy-busy this past week, but haven't forgotten about my faithful followers:) Thanks for reading my rantings and ravings!! I was talking to some co-workers yesterday about the recent doctors visits and tests, and *M* said, "So what are you going to do?" Totally legit question that has me throwing my hands up in the air.

If we are going to pursue IUI (4-6 cycles, $2,500-$3,500 that we don't have), I need to get a prescription for clomid in the next 7-10 days, and also let the doctor's office know. I feel like if/when we do IUI, I want to do consecutive months, rather than sporadic, with hopes that my right fallopian tube will spit out an egg sometime in those given months. Conrad's entering his busiest time of year for farming, so I'm wondering if waiting until after harvest would be best. *M* is like, "I just can't stand the anticipation!" I know, I know, folks, but I'm trying not to let my emotions lead, too much, in my decisions.

Another reason I'm hesitant is that I'm not ruling out that God has a miracle up His sleeve. Part of me is like--well, the money isn't there, so we need to be smart and just wait it out--PRAY it out. Maybe lack of finances is God's way of closing the door to infertility assistance at this exact moment (not to say it's not in our future). Ultimately I HAVE TO BELIEVE that God has an AMAZING plan for our future family and I am trying to press into Him more. Pastor Rod has been hitting on some key points the past few weeks. I will attempt to post a link to the last two sermons, they were excellent.

3 comments:

Steph said...

God is faithful and we never know how he is going to provide. And I agree, there have been some good sermon points the last couple of weeks

Bobbinoggin said...

God WILL orchestrate a miracle for you. Whether he uses modern medicine or not to do so. The fact that he can give doctors wisdom and discern for us is a very amazing thing.

Maybe the miracle will be how God enables you financially. And maybe then another miracle will be how He uses modern science.

One never can be too sure.

I would encourage you though, to consider finding out any and all possible options that might assist you financially.

If my friends can raise approximately $26,000 dollars from fundraising for themselves, in order to adopt a child. I fail to see how friends and family would be any less supportive in helping you raise the necessary money to try and get pregnant.

Love,
Melissa.

Lisa said...

Another thing to keep in mind is that the IUI's mind not be in consecutive months anyway. I have had 2 IUI's, the 3rd I should be having this weekend and I had to take a month off between each one. Once because I had a large cyst, the next time because I had an early loss miscarriage and body had to have time to heal. I almost had to take another month off because my endometrium was too thick, but it went down in town to start this next cycle. So...just something else to think about. :)