Thursday, March 02, 2006

something clever...
i keep lagging behind in my blogging!! and as far as a title for today's...nothing popped in my head, but i was, in fact, hoping for something clever to title my entry. i'll have to say i LOVE reading everyone's blog and hearing what's going on with everyone... melissa being a mom (a sick mom right now:( i'm praying for you), sara spending her mom's not yet won lottery money on a coffee (bleh!) shop (how bout ice cream? jk), steph and her bouts with technology, erin and her drunk uncle (um, yeah erin, i have a few of those, and drunk cousins and aunts...), and fawn's early morning nature epiphanies. so nothing too great has happened over the past few days. it's thursday and i feel like it should have been friday 3 days ago... ever had one of those weeks?

we're moving this weekend, at least the majority of our things. i'm actually getting kind of scared. things will be different out on the farm and i'm afraid of having the same feeling i had in D.C. 2 summers ago when i was lonely and wasn't even willing to give God some of that alone time. we spent time with the in-laws last night after paying taxes (AHHH! don't get me started on the large sum we wrote over to uncle sam--we honestly could've bought a car!). we went to arctic circle and i found myself getting frustrated. i love them all to death, but sometimes when we get together, it feels like a bashing time. i rarely hear of good things people are doing, but a lot of bad. i guess that comes with the small town thing, but i don't like it, so i just sit there, silent. something happened to a man that they know, and i'm friends with his daughter. i saw her on tuesday and she said nothing to me about this situation, but it's another ugly sin thing, and i found myself on his side, wanting to stand up for him against conrad's family.

i realized again what an ugly thing sin is, and not that this sin is worse than that sin, but that God sees it all the same way--something wicked that keeps us from experiencing His fullness. i think we often gauge a sin by it's natural consequences as to how bad it is. i'm broken that even us as christians look at sin this way, and that we point fingers and make judgments instead of coming along side the person knowing it could've been us in that same place. no one is above sin!! i think of patricia king and what i heard her talk about in nov. 2004 and mar. 2005 and both times she prophesied that the church was being called to a higher level of purity, and that satan was getting more deceptive and delving into those dark places where sin is easy to hide. not that we should be afraid of that, but take up the armor and be prepared when temptation comes. as i'm at arctic circle and this situation comes up yet again, "he knows better" "he has a wife and 4 girls" "they were going to start a church" "they've always acted like they're holier than though" "i hope he asked for forgiveness", i just wanted to scream "what you're doing is as bad in God's eyes!!!". i kind of feel like i'm starting to sound like a brat, but i will say i recognize this same shortcoming in my life. maybe God is using this to show me how distasteful this kind of talk is. i don't know, but i've never felt so much passion about defending someone who did something that, in human eyes, is repulsive. i am humbled by the fact that even my deepest darkest sins are not broadcasted in the newspaper or in any public way. i am thankful that i worship a God of restoration. God is so full of grace, and i know i take that for granted. God, please continue to teach me!!!

3 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

it's so encouraging to read your writing... your thoughts... your life. sometimes at different points in my life, i convince myself to shy away from passionate christians because i feel as though they will judge me differently for being not such a great christian. but YOU are the kind of person that makes me think... NAAAA... she loves me just the way i am. i'm so grateful for your perspective and heart. you amaze me.

Sara said...

I love all of what you have to say. I love that we have a God that doesn't send down condemnation down on our sins... (don't get me wrong... In the Bible we see God is a God of Wrath if we continue to rebel and live unrepentive lives) but he loves us and he knows what temptation is like and he weeps with us when we give in to it. And when we do things in our lives that aren't glorifying to him he doesn't push us away, but pulls us closer to him, if we are willing to let him. He's continually changing our hearts.

holly said...

I guess I skipped over this last blog by accident but sooo good for me to hear. I have been struggling w a few things and I just think, "am I ever gonna get ahold of this thing!?" ya know just this morning feel a fight going on in my head and I can't shake it and lately it seems the sin always wins. I need to recognize that this "stupid thing" is keeping me from feeling freedom to pray in front of people, to step out in what I feel like God is calling me to do, to tell other people about God because I'm caught in a spider web of sin. I feel unworthy like the sin has a lock on me. SO NEways, I def needed to hear that blog today and maybe no mistake that I skipped it earlier.