Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mating cows...
so, i officially live on the farm. i woke up this morning at 6 a.m. to bellerin' cows. grrr. not into that. i asked conrad why they were being so noisy and he says, "i don't know." i said, "are they hungrier than usual because it was rainy all night and they used more energy to stay warm?" he said, "probably." so who sound more farm-experienced here:) then, i was leaving for work and looked across the land, and not more than 50 ft. away were two mating cows. just what i like to see in the morning. then, i had to lay on the horn to get the cows to get out of my way so i could get to work. i've gotten more to where i like them and think they are not a nasty animal like i used to. are they cute? yeah, most the time. but not when they're: in my way, pooping, or mating. another reason i know i live on a farm...i just talked to conrad, and he's in his truck waiting for his cow to have its calf. calves are cute.

6 comments:

Fawn said...

Keep telling me about your farm "experiences" they make my day better :)

Erin said...

I would like to hear more about the farm too!

Sara said...

You should write a book about your first year on the farm...

Bobbinoggin said...

calves are cute. and then they turn into stupid moo cows. my dad has run over so many while driving train. he says they don't run off the track. they just run down the center of it.

holly said...

blech not a fan of animals:) I saw horses mating once at my soccer tournament and I've been scarred for years....i think i need ancient paths for that one....:)

Steph said...

I love calves. I used to have the job of helping to feed them milk when I was younger visiting Grandma and loved it.