Tuesday, April 11, 2006

now that I'm 23...
i haven't blogged forever, and i guess it's time to do so as the first time since i've turned 23. i had a good birthday. sunday i went to red lobster with the fam and then conrad took me to soak in lava hot springs. this made me very happy! yesterday, my actual birthday, was fairly uneventful (a downfall of getting older i think...), but i did wake up to conrad'd grandparents calling and singing "happy birthday" on my voicemail (i was in the shower when they called) and had cheesecake and another birthday song at work. my clients sing their hearts out and i love it... one place i don't get embarassed by being sung to but actually feel special when they sing. the Center gave me some star-gazer lilies... i love lilies and they add some life to my house! i went to visit pooh at honks and then went home and worked on stuff till conrad came home. his grandma and uncle stopped by and gave me a present. they are so thoughtful. conrad took me out to dinner to pizza hut (actually carry-out, because at 9:40 on a weeknight in AF, that's about your only option) and it was delicious. and i got lots of voicemails from friends:) okay, so it wasn't a bad birthday, now that i look back on it. there were a couple sad moments, okay, maybe just one. i was getting ready and telling conrad how cute his grandparents were for calling on bdays and singing, and thought my grandpa doesn't probably even know it's my birthday. my grandma manske was always the one to remember and sent a nice card, so he kinda counted on her to remember, it's probably that way with a lot of grandparents...? but after i got over this, i moved on and had a good day.

one thing i've been thinking about a lot is pride. what a disdainful quality it is... and i have it. yucky!! i keep getting stressed cuz i want our house to be in order and feel like home. but there's this and this and this to do. i'm thinking of all the times people have offered to come and help at our house, help move, etc., and i've turned it down because my house isn't settled or it's a job i don't feel someone else should have to do for me. i haven't decorated, i don't have rugs in the bathrooms yet, there are box-elder bugs, the windows take forever to clean, etc. but these people who've offered DON'T CARE about these things! anyways... it's kinda weird cuz it plays out in my relationship with God, too. i think i need to have everything figured out, then i'll spend time with Him and allow Him to speak into my life. i don't know. it's kinda frustrating. God, take the pride away!!

p.s we have two couple day-old calves around our house. they're adorable, and yes, i talk to them and tell them that:)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Have you named the cows yet? You should so you can call them by name. The offer still stands if you ever doo want help on the house. I'll even close my eyes to the no rug bit ;)

emily said...

so when do you want us to come over?

Adriane said...

tomorrow:) let's break in this old house o' mine with some good ol' fashioned girl time... i'll let everyone know about the time...

Fawn said...

i love hanging out at your house!!! and i love hanging out with you. :)