Monday, March 06, 2006

it's just a little juicy...an ordinary life
so an ordinary life is something i soooo do not have. we moved our stuff to our new house yesterday. poor conrad hauled all our stuff upstairs (he thought we had half as much stuff as we do) to the garage so when his uncle and grandma got there we'd just toss it in the back of the horse trailer. yes, the horse trailer. i was assured it was totally clean and washed out since last time they hauled cows, but when his uncle opened the door and i heard the words, "it's a little juicy" i looked over and, sure enough, it was juicy. cool, i thought, i get to put all my stuff in a poopy horse trailer to travel to american falls. i have to admit i was not impressed. i ran into the house and yelled, "mom, do we have any plastic or comforters to cover our stuff?!" luckily, she came to my rescue, and the poop turned out to be dried out rather than juicy. but still, i am left to ask the question, "am i ready for farm life?" honestly, i do not know. God, help me!! it leads into how i've been feeling these past couple days. i've been depressed and not really knwoing exactly why, but feeling like i'm on the verge of tears. i woke up yesterday with a strong feeling of not wanting to go to church. i don't know why, but i just wanted to skip out and sleep. even at church it was hard for me to get past the heaviness. then rod talked about laying heaviness aside and went into prayer time. i raised my hand for prayer and had a handful of wonderful people gather around and pray for me. i felt a little better after this, but like i could've bawled for hours if i hadn't been in public. i don't know what's going on and i really don't like being out of control of my emotions. i hate how something that's supposed to be exciting--moving out of parents' house, moving into a house, etc.--is something that stirs up a lot of weird emotions. i don't know. prayer would be much appreciated right now as conrad and i make this transition.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Definately prayin for your transition... sorry about poopy horse trailers... I like the smell of horse poop.

Bobbinoggin said...

i'm praying for you. things to keep in mind that might be making this transition hard: monthly cycle; pregnancy?; diet; exercise. all of these things can completely warp hormones and make life changes like you're experiencing seem 10 times harder. you're a trooper though and i'm rooting for you! love you.

Steph said...

Hoorray for moms who come to the rescue. I am praying for you.

Adriane said...

sara, i seriously hope you're joking about liking the smell of horse poop

holly said...

Hey Age-
Oh I feel for you. I feel the same way...on the verge of tears...weak. I don't want to be weak. I want to be able to just go through things and say, "God this is a chance for you to do something great in me." So I will be praying for strength and peace. Change is always hard and scary. When I moved to Boise I remember the first week sleeping on my sisters couch and she was always gone and I was mostly alone...no friends no nothing and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown but what happened was that I HAD to depend on God more and in turn he was just drawing me close...maybe God is trying to draw you close....He loves Adriane and He just wants more. I'll be praying n thinkin of you.

Steph said...

No joke, I like it.

Sara said...

ok, the above was posted by me... on steph's computer...oops! I, Sara, am trying to say that I like the smell of horse poop.