Thursday, February 23, 2006

Back by popular demand!!!
i'm just kidding, i just thought it was a nice touch since i haven't written in over a week and melissa said she missed it:). this past weekend, i went to american falls to work on our house. i'm so impressed with how it's coming along! it's a beautiful house with a mix of old and new. from the outside, it looks fairly new (the linoleum man asked if it was a new house...), and of course, there's indoor plumbing, etc. but my favorite parts are the dark wood pillars and banister against the freshly painted white walls and the original doors that have been freshly stained/varnished, complete with old-fashioned doorknobs and skeleton keyholes. this part of the house brings you back to the late 1800s when it was build. conrad's grandma said the house was old when she was a kid. crazy. we should be moving in starting this weekend with some little stuff and getting some bigger things (i.e. furniture, washer/dryer, etc.) in during next week. by next weekend we should be sleeping in our own house!! this makes me very happy:). i will have to admit that i've been bitter at times for having to live in my parents' house because i felt as though i'd been jipped. but looking back on it (it's easier with a light at the end of the tunnel), it's been a good thing that we've lived here. my sister was talking the other day with some friends and said conrad and i have been her sanity (since starting college and being upset she's had to live at home). also, with my mom's cancer it's been good that we've been here, both for her sake and probably moreso for mine. my dad's depression has been stirred up more and more since life has taken some grieving turns, and one night he asked my mom, sister, me, and conrad to pray for him (yeah, God!!!). so, when i look at it this way (the un-self-absorbed way), it's been a season in itself... one i never pictured myself having, but i'm glad it happened.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am excited for you! The house has been a long time coming but a good one too I see. I will have to come out and see it when I come to ID next.

Sara said...

Yeah! House Party! You gotta have one!
I love it when timing works out just right, even though sometimes it doesn't seem to be just right.

Bobbinoggin said...

when shawn, ashlynn and i come to pocatello for court hearing stuff (within the next month or so i presume), you have to show us your new place! it sounds absolutely lovely.

i'm proud of you for being able to see the blessing amidst hardships in living at home. you are a true woman of God. YOU inspire ME. =oD

love you!!!