Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Getting zapped...
On a lighter note since my last entry... today I got my 4th installment of zaps to my face. The sound effects are probably one of the worst parts, the beep-sssst 400 times can get to be too much. The nightmares the night before are also bad--dreams that I didn't get enough numbing stuff on, that I'm late for work afterward, that I don't wake up on time for my appointment, or all of the above and the fact that when I woke up I had dreamt so much of my day I was sure it was Wednesday! I woke up about every hour on the hour because I was so worried about not hearing my 6:30 alarm--way too early for this girl, but if I sleep in, I sacrifice numbing power, so it's worth it. All in all, I'm wondering if the red spots, the pain, and the emotional distress are all worth it, but I'm PRAYING God will allow my face to come into alignment with His Kingdom after all these years of beautiful acne and scarring:) Feel free to join in the prayers. One of my biggest comforts is that my sister is doing the same thing, and so we can share our zapping experiences with each other. This usually comes long after the numbing wears off on whoever went that day, which is good because it gives the numbing effects to wear off so one is able to smile, talk, breath, drink, put on chapstick, etc. normally before engaging in another heartwarming conversation. If anyone is thinking about Smoothbeam Laser out there, feel free to give me and/or Pooh a call, and we'll tell you some fun stories. I hope this has been delightful and insightful reading for all of you!!!

2 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

i love your terminology. getting zapped. sounds like you strayed too close to the bug light during the summer or something. doh!

Bobbinoggin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.