Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thoughts on Prayer

Our pastor has been doing a series on prayer since the beginning of January. It's been pretty convicting, and also encouraging. God wants to hear from me and from all His children...He's longing to work in and through us. We must lay down our agenda, and pray for the will/glory/purposes of the Father. Satan wants us to whine and focus on ourselves, but it's not about us! This is a verse from John 9:1-3 that speaks to the fact that God uses situations in our lives to bring glory to himself, ane sometimes that means that situations happen that we don't understand;
"As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth. 'Rabbi,' his disciples asked him, 'why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins for his parents' sins?'

'It was not because of his sins or his parents' sins,' Jesus answered. 'This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.'"

Also, Pastor posed the question, "If we don't do it, will it get done?" This also spoke to me. Will my disobedience allow something bad to happen, or not allow something great to happen?? God, help me to be obedient to you and to pray fervently for those situations I am allowed to have insight to. Ezekiel 22:30 spoke to me;
"'I looked for someone who might rebuild the wall of righteousness that guards the land. I searched for someone to stand in the gap in the wall so I wouldn't have to destroy the land, but I found no one.'"

Lastly, he talked about the importance of a relationship with the Father and how the deeper relationship we have, the greater the authority in prayer. I know I definitely need to build my relationship more and more with God, so I can move from panic and fear to faith. God loves me, and the question is settled about whether or not He's going to take care of me. Now, to put this all to action...God help me!

1 comment:

M said...

Thank you for this!