Friday, January 07, 2011

Cool Story from Mom

Before Christmas, my mom went to her exercise class and got wrangled into staying for the party afterward. She could tell you the whole story better than me, and probably would bring a few tears, but I'll just tell you what she told me.

Somehow, she ended up with a really nice gift basket. She wasn't sure what it contained at first, but knew it was a homemade blanket. Upon further examining, it was apparent it was a baby gift basket. Her first thought was to finish up my dad's co-worker's baby gift, but then she thought no, this is for Adriane's baby. She told her classmates this, and that we've been trying for a while. She was met with lots of advice, some was sweet, like personal stories of having to wait for a baby. Then there was also the type that us infertiles love:) like, "Take your daughter on a cruise to relax and then when she gets back her husband will have missed her so much that it will happen," etc. A few more people opened gifts while baby conversation continued. It came back to my mom (I don't really know how she ended up with so many gifts!?), and she pulled a wad of tissue paper out of a little gift bag. It was a glittery silver butterfly ornament. My mom said, "butterflies mean new beginnings, new life," and everyone happily agreed with the woman who strongly desires to be a grandma. And, my mom gets another present (!?). This time, it's a little mitten ornament. Mom exclaims, "a baby mitten!" The classmates were excited, Mom was excited, and she could barely wait to tell me the story next time I was at her house so she could show me the gifts. I told her, "I receive this baby!" and I pray that it will be sooner than later.

5 comments:

Tina said...

Love, love, love stories like that! It made me cry. {Doesn't take much} So I HAVE to know, was the homemade baby blanket made for a girl or a boy?

emily said...

AMEN JESUS, LET IT BE!!!!

Steph said...

I'm with Tina... Shed some tears with the story.

Courtney said...

Awwwwh :) so sweet! Hoping for soon too!!

Adriane said...

tina...the blanket leaned toward boyish, but i'm not so sure how to take that:) i'm kinda feelin' girl, but we'll see...