Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Talkative Doc

Today was the most talkative my temporary doctor has been. I say temporary because I haven't been super impressed with him, but he's one of two within an hour and a half of our house that does IUI, so I will let him get me pregnant (via IUI, of course--ok, sick humor, i know...), then change to someone different. He doesn't know that, so for now, we're buds. I was supposed to have my day 20 clomid check right around Christmas, but for obvious reasons, couldn't follow through, since there weren't appointments available. The receptionist just made me an appointment as soon as she could (even though I'm thinking...uh, I'll have already had a period by then, so a day 20 clomid check will be about 2 weeks late!). I decided to see if I could switch it to be my yearly exam, since it's basically the same thing as a clomid check, with a few more bells and whistles:)

Things went smoothly, and he prescribed 100mg of clomid--2x what I've been on in the past. The downfall is that my prime days are around the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend, and the on-call doc doesn't do IUI. Rar! He said to do an ovulation test the Thursday before (my cycle day 14) and if it's positive he could get me in that day and we'd just do it 1 time this cycle. The office is closed Friday-Monday, so Tuesday (day 19) will be the next time he could do it, but by then he said it's getting out of the likely time period, which I suspected. Usually it's day 16-17 that I get a positive ovulation test, so I'm not holding my breath for IUI this month, but hopefully in February. Conrad's response to all this, "It'll happen." My response to that, "We've been saying that for three years now. But, I guess it will happen someday."

While I was in the waiting room today, a woman came in a for a walk-in pregnancy test. I don't know why people don't just go get one at the store, but whatever. Anyway, I got to be there when the nurse came and told her it was positive. Also while I was waiting, I could hear the receptionist talking to a woman who was obviously calling to make her first appointment: "Did you take a pregnancy test?", "Do you have insurance?", "Can you come in Thursday for your intake?", etc. I just kept thinking I'm glad I'm not as emotionally fragile as I used to be!

Overall, it was a good appointment, even though I'm a bit disappointed about the possibility of not being able to do IUI this month. I just have to remind myself again and again that God knows the desires of our hearts, and that He has a plan for Conrad and I to be parents someday. I just have to believe that.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I believe that your day WILL come, and when it does, you will be better parents because of what it has taken to get there. Every poopy diaper, soiled linen, sleepless night, etc. will never be complained about or taken for granted because it exists... :)