Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Few Songs that Have Spoken to Me Lately

I've had Christian radio on a lot lately while I've been attempting wallpaper removal in my computer room. The wallpaper has been a thorn in my side, but I've heard one song A LOT, and though it's not usually one that I would normally say was my style, the words speak to me:
No Matter What
Kerrie Roberts

I’m running back to Your promises one more time
Lord, that’s all I can hold on to
I’ve gotta say this has taken me by surprise
But nothing surprises You

Before a heartache can ever touch my life
It has to go through Your hands
And even though I, I keep asking why, I keep asking why

No matter what, I’m gonna love You
No matter what, I’m gonna need You
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You
No matter what
No matter what

When I’m stuck in this nothingness by myself
I’m just sitting in silence
There’s no way I can make it without Your help
I won’t even try it

I know You have Your reasons for everything
So I will keep believing
Whatever I might be feeling
God, You are my hope, and You’ll be my strength

Anything I don’t have, You can give it to me
But it’s ok if You don’t
I’m not here for those things
The touch of Your love is enough on its own

No matter what, I still love You
And I’m gonna need You

Another song that isn't "new", but speaks to me is Jeremy Camp's line in Walk by Faith that says:
Help me to rid my envious fears, you've been so faithful for all these years.

There are many more songs that God's used to give me peace, and even some joy in the midst of life's current struggles. He also gives me reminders of His faithfulness. I am so thankful for His love, and for the supportive people He's put in my life. He has never left me or forsaken me, even the the midst of my psycho infertile lady moods. I can't scare Him away! Thank you, God, that you are faithful, and that you DO have a family for Conrad and I, even though we don't know when or how it will come to be. Thank you for strengthening us individually and in our marriage, as well as in our relationship with you.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So funny...I have those exact songs in my drafts for future blog posts! I had never listened to the words of "No Matter What" until this weekend and I haven't stopped listening to the song since then!! And my favorite part of "Walk By Faith" is the whole chorus..."Well I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see.
Well because this broken road, prepares Your will for me." We CAN'T see what He is doing and why He allows certian things to happen but we can be assured that all we have to do is trust Him and have faith that He has got it all under control.

Adriane said...

sounds like you have great taste, lisa:) i am so happy to know that there are songs that speak to all of us about what's going on in our lives, whatever it may be. thanks for your comments, i think i scared everyone else away:)

Steph said...

"Amen" seems appropriate to say after reading your post.

Steph said...

I read your blog before going to work this morning. Got into my car and thought, I haven't heard this song but the words sound familiar. Realized it was your post :)