Monday, September 20, 2010

Drama on the Homefront

Okay, so I'm trying to hold back from publishing on facebook, "super tired of the drama...God help us all!" That's how I feel though. Would you all please pray for my in-law family? With my SIL's marriage up in the air, things are tense, especially as the family is split in half as to whether or not they should get divorced. I wrote BIL on Facebook a few weeks ago because I was thinking about him because I'd eaten a meal from a restaurant here that he always talks about and loves, and asked what he's been up to (he has moved back to his parents'). One sentence to him. He wrote back a four-inch response, including his heart's cry to reconcile with my SIL. I'll spare the details, since it's all right there on the world wide web for everyone to see, but I wrote him back. I wrote nothing that I would not say to anyone's face. Conrad even read it and agreed that it was fine...all stuff that's been said before and will be said again. Fast-forward to today. Conrad told him dad this a.m that we'd written BIL and told him what I said. It wasn't a popular decision on my part, but his dad could't sat anything about me saying we were praying for their marriage, would love to see it restored, etc. But FIL must've talked to SIL at some point, and now he's come unglued! I just called Conrad like I always do on my lunch break and apparently it's been a drama-filled day.....stuff from months ago is coming up, I've spoken to the "enemy", etc., etc. AHHHHHHH!! SIL won't even talk to Conrad or me, besides responding 3 weeks later to a generic wall post I sent to her about possibly joining us for a concert. No one works things out in this family!! Okay, overgeneralization there...Conrad and I are pretty good at working things out most of the time. The others, however, circle around and around until things from a decade ago resurface.

All this to say...please pray for us. Conrad is stressed already because of harvest/getting things in the ground for next year, and family drama is the last thing he needs. We need wisdom in how to handle this family stuff...I don't want to back down from my stance on them not divorcing. There is no valid reason (no infidelity, no abuse), just selfishness that we all have to work out in our relationships. Thanks for your prayers!!

No comments: