Monday, November 27, 2006

friendship...
so, last night i was jumping in to some more organization of my disorganized house. i found lots of things...i'll admit it, i'm a packrat. i love saving every card, note, movie ticket stub, etc. believe it or not, i found some notes from junior high and high school from some friends (majority from about 4 friends). can i just say that I AM SO GLAD THOSE DAYS ARE OVER!!! i love these people to death, and though i don't see them much anymore (some no contact whatsoever) i do appreciate the times we had and i do treasure those friendships. why i'm glad they're over is because things were so petty back then. reading through them, i was taken back to my feelings of when i was in 8th and 11th grade. it's crazy how those feelings come back. i found one that was a response to a nasty email i had written to a best friend--it made me sick to think i had written something so rude and hateful and this was my friend's reply back. other notes were talking about other girls--petty stuff, again, rude. if this was what my life was full of, no wonder i was depressed/suicidal for some of the time. i did find some happy ones encouraging me. i kept those. i'm getting rid of--burning, to be exact--the other notes. it's a part of my life that i don't need to have on paper. i will remember the good memories and not keep record of the bad. i hope you all don't have a bad view of me now. i know we all go through the rude stage. i see now that i've grown up. sometimes you need that reminder. i pray i can help my kids see how hurtful words can be--both to the person they're about and even worse to the person who speaks them.

i just have to say that i am SOOOOOOOOOO thankful for the friendships i have now. they're not always perfect, but i don't think friendship is supposed to be. but i am so blessed to have you all in my life, and i thank God daily for the awesome friends i have. i seriously think i'm the most blessed girl in the world:)

3 comments:

Steph said...

Agree. I love your friendship!!! when reading what you wrote I was thinking about what we have been studying with Beth Moore. The words that we speak are powerful and I need to watch what I say. Funny how what comes out can be correlated with time I spend with Jesus.

Fawn said...

:) i love you adriane!!

Sara said...

Love you man...