Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day (last week...)

I don't know why I go in spurts of blogging, but I do:) I can't imagine why I didn't write about the most awesome Valentine's date ever before now, but better late than never, right?

It all started with a positive ovulation test on Monday morning. I had suspected it was going to be that day, and had warned my boss on Friday that I may need a long lunch break on Monday since we were back on financial track for doing the IUI procedure again. She was totally fine with it, saying, "you know we're all behind you on this."

I called and got an appointment, hung up, and started over-analyzing like I often do. This time, however, it was good that I did...When we did the procedure in November, the floater nurse had said, "you can collect at home, as long as you're here within an hour." Okay, well that would certainly be more comfortable for all involved and Conrad wouldn't have to break away from his project, but I had a gut feeling that an hour was quite long to wait if I wanted the little guys to be super mobile:) I called the secretary back, explained the situation and what the nurse had said, and she said,"oh no, you need to be here in at least 20 minutes." I'm glad I asked! We live 30 minutes away, so it would've probably been a dud IUI, a waste of time/pain/money. Anyway...I followed my heart, so Conrad and I headed up to Poky for our Valentine's date with Dr.C. and grumpy nurse (another floater...). So romantic, it all was...

So besides some MAJOR pain during the actual procedure, Monday went relatively well. I had to go back to work after our appointment, but only for a few hours. That night, we did what any 80-year-old couple would do on Valentine's night--wore our loose sweats (complete with a heated rice pack permanently attached to my lower abdomen), ate frozen pizza, and held hands while watching a movie:)

Tuesday went better during the procedure, but afterward was way more painful. And, even though it was my day off, we had a full afternoon/evening complete with meeting with our accountant and attending a dinner put on by an organization we are a part of that's tied to farming. I wished I would've brought a heating pad...

The rest of the week was better than November when we did the first IUI attempts, I just took it easy and didn't let my heated rice pack get out of my sight! Any prayers you could send my way this next little while would be greatly appreciated...if it's gonna work this month, implantation would be happening as we speak, and I'll know within about a week.

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you for sharing. I am always thinking about you and Conrad on this journey. Will keep praying!

Andrea said...

Praying for you guys!

emily said...

Praying and praying!