Tuesday, February 01, 2011

2 Margaritas to *Celebrate* our 3-Year Anniversary

The arrival of Aunt Flow yesterday marked the 3-year anniversary of Conrad and me trying to become parents. Thirty-six months that I've longed to have the hope of 1)seeing two lines on a pregnancy test, 2)feeling a baby move inside of me, and 3)seeing a sweet little face look up at me.

On Sunday, I had a hard time concentrating in church at first because I could feel the impending doom of AF's arrival (cramps for 3 days before she actually shows up, how nice...). It took a while for me to stop obsessing over the fact that if things had gone how Conrad and I had planned, we'd have a two-year-old (or a 1 year old, or a 1 month old...). Finally, I was able to get over myself and focus on God, and listen to the message on prayer. I'll blog more about that later...the series (which included a special speaker for 4 services) has been excellent.

Tonight, Conrad and I went to eat out with a gift card I got from work for Christmas. We had to go to the "big" city to drop off the rest of our financial information to our accountant and run a few errands, so we took the chance for a nice dinner out. We went before 6:00, so not only did they have a yummy specials menu, but they also had $2 margaritas. Well, better have two:) Just cuz I can. I was going to have Conrad take a commemorative anniversary picture of me with my drink, but of all the times to forget my camera! You'll just have to imagine it... It was a great date with my man.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Yay for needed margaritas! :)