Thursday, January 10, 2008

crazy day...
i keep thinking, i need to blog about this, or that, or something else but have been lazy, and i also attribute my lack of participation to no internet at my house. i am behind in the times!! anyway...this is blog-worthy and i am staying at my parents' tonight so i can take mom to follow-up visit in salt lake city tomorrow so i have access to the internet.

so it started out a normal day (don't they all?). i went to spinning before work and got to work at 8, expecting to leave around 4:30 and head to the chiro and then to pilates. conrad came to poky to do some errands, meet rod for lunch, and go to dentist and eye doctor. this is where the fun started. i got a call during the day from him and tried to call him back a few times. when we finally talked to each other, he told me that the walmart opto. made an emergency appointment with an opthamologist because "something doesn't look right". i wanted to go with him and gloria (my kindred-spirit co-worker) said "just go!" so i left and went to meet conrad at the hospital for the visit. in a nutshell, something looks "odd" for lack of a better term. the optical nerve is swollen, and he's worried because conrad's so young and "has a lot to lose" if something serious was wrong. the two doctors talked to us and wanted to get an MRI done. not tuesday morning when the imaging place had an opening, but TONIGHT! it's so crazy. he says it could just be how conrad was made (conrad hasn't been to eye doctor in probably 7-8 years, so this "odd-ness" could be normal for him...), or worst case-a tumor. okay, that's a scary word. we left that office to go eat at subway before our MRI appt. while we were eating, we started discussing the "worst case scenario". conrad says, "well, i can't die, or all the prophecies we got on sunday night were a lie." so matter of fact, my man is:) we got some amazing words spoken over us by darren lindley and the team, and i'm thinking that God wasn't lying!!! so we head to the MRI (yes, i bawled in subway before we left...public crying is NOT my favorite thing.). the secretary was mean. but the tech was nice. my dad came and sat with me for about the last 20 minutes while conrad was in there. he's so thoughtful like that...i didn't even know he was coming...just looked up from my fitness mag and he walked in carrying a powerade option to hydrate me:) the good news--they didn't see anything worth calling the on-call radiologist about and it will be looked at tomorrow a.m. please pray that we get more good news. i'd rather spend a lot of money on a "nothing to worry about" diagnosis than actually have something be wrong. i'm so in love with conrad and am so joyful everyday knowing i get to share my life with such an amazing man:) God totally blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I've been praying for you and Conrad. Love you guys