Saturday, January 26, 2008

i think i missed my calling...
i'm back! well, back from burley...i get to be on the internet again before i go, yippee!! i just wanted to give an update about my recent trip for the farm bureau young farmers and ranchers conference. first, let me just reiterate (sp?) the fact that God has a sense of humor. go back 6 years, or even fewer...who would've though adriane would've gone to/enjoyed and young farmers and ranchers conference? yeah, well, it's part of my life now:) it's weird and funny though... anyway. we got to go on a tour of mccain's potato plant and got to see how they process potatoes into french fries. it's crazy how much goes into it. this plant provides fries for chili's as well as for RED ROBIN!!! there was one room that stunk sooooooooooo bad i couldn't breathe for fear of dry heaving. i felt bad, but i couldn't help it. everytime i thought i'm going to be strong and would breathe out my nose i quickly plugged my nose and gave my self a don't do it pep talk. overall, it was cool. then we went to gossner's cheese factory. honestly, it kind of made me rethink eating cheese. parts of the process grossed my out. like when he talked about injecting the molds of milk with bacteria and putting it in a warm environment to encourage growth. yuck. however, the good part about the factory was the fact they make ice cream. there's a woman who works four 12 hour days a week making ice cream. why can't i do that?!? we got a sample of ice cream at the end and it was AMAZING. they got 1st place in idaho for best ice cream last year. i would love to be an ice cream taster...where do i sign up for that???

3 comments:

Steph said...

Im glad you got to try their ice cream cause every time I am there I think "Adriane and I should come to ice cream here!"

Andrea said...

I couldn't remember your link! When I switched computers I lost all my bookmarks... Anyways, I tracked it down! Have fun on your cruise!

Andrea said...

Remember that weight loss blog we were going to start in September?? I finally started it! You and Pooh (and whoever else would like to) should join in! I can set you guys up as contributers if you want!