Thursday, May 05, 2011

Would You Please Pray?

It was a somber afternoon at the credit union today. To make a long story short, my pregnant co-worker found out today that she is carrying a baby, but the baby has no heartbeat. The doctor is going to give her until next Wednesday to naturally miscarry, or he will do a D&C. My heart just broke when she was telling us, and I couldn't help but to cry with her. My heart is sad right now:( Please pray for her--for her physical body, and for her emotions. She isn't a believer, but did say, "Maybe God knew something I didn't." Hopefully I can be a light into her life during this hard time.

I don't mean to turn this around to me, but just one quick thing: when she told us, I thought that could so easily of been me and could feel the fear and emotion rising up inside of me. I will need to "pray without ceasing" so that I will not take this upon myself and my future pregnancy.

Once again, I'm so glad for relationships. Life would be so lonely and lack-luster without others to share it with--the good and the bad. I pray I can be as good of a support to others as they have all been to me.

2 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

So heartbreaking... sending love and prayers.

emily said...

I have no doubt, Adriane, that God has placed you at that credit union strategically to minister to those women. Bless you as you bless her.