Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Babies Everywhere!

Today the second of two friends in five days welcomed a baby boy into their family. Welcome to the world, Alex and Kai!! They are just as precious as can be (from what I can tell from one facebook photo each--come on, more please!), and it makes me realize how bad I want one. To be honest, there have been pregnancy announcements/births that have made me very upset (i.e. local 12-year-old girl pregnant by her 15-year-old [ex-]boyfriend; someone with an unwanted pregancy; you get the idea). However, when my friends who are in a godly, committed relationship have given their announcements of pregnancies and births, all I can think is What a miracle and I can't wait to kiss the baby's face off!

There are times when I try to talk myself out of wanting kids...try to convince myself that I'm complete. But when I return to the most honest, deepest longings of my heart, I know that I am not complete. We are not complete. God has a family in store, and there is a reason why the longings and dreams are there. There is a reason why He's having us wait for the blessing, most likely to build character, build our relationship with Him and with each other, and ultimately, to be able to testify of His faithfulness to fulfill His promises. God, help me to be a quicker learner, and to be open to what you want to teach me through all of this. Here are a few verses about God's faithfulness:
Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"

Psalm 89:2, 8
"I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself... O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you."

Psalm 9:10
"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."

Isaiah 25:1
"O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago."

Hebrews 10:23
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

1 comment:

waiting and wishing said...

Thanks for the verses... I needed those this morning :)