Thursday, April 26, 2007

overreaction...
it's amazing what one overreaction can do to a person. and not just that person directly, but hmmm...let's say....maybe a patient? because of an overreaction by a resident the last time i went for my yearly exam, my last 6 months have been ones of confusion, being scared, financial stress, etc., etc., and many other negative emotions. i heard back from the surgeon's nurse today. the surgeon and the radiologist (who read my ultrasound from tuesday) talked and the report on the lump in my breast is........it's nothing!!! yes, this is GREAT news. however, i am left wondering why i had to go through all this to get to this point. i'm reminded of mercyme's new song on the radio that says "if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain". sometimes it takes the storms of life to turn our eyes to Him. so maybe God is using this to teach me something? not that he ever wanted me to feel the emotional pain of this, but He was there through all of the emotions, doctor appointments, etc. was the overreaction something He allowed, or was He just there to pick up the pieces? don't know. i'm asking questions though, believe you me. anyway, thanks for your prayers and encouragement. i'm sure you're all glad to know my left breast is in tip-top shape:)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Whoo hooo for tip-top boobs!

Steph said...

Yep, good news!!