Sunday, April 01, 2007

i can only imagine...
i'm wondering how long it will be until i can hear this song--sing this song--again without choking up. when the intro music started at church today, i leaned over to conrad and said "oh no." ever since my grandma died last year, it's hit home a lot harder than just a happy, gonna be in heaven someday song. my dad had it played at grandma's funeral in jan. '06. he also had it played at grandpa's funeral in january '07, right before he gave the eulogy. today in church, i couldn't even look at my dad. i peeked toward the end and he was just sitting there with his eyes closed. i tried to sing parts, but after 3 words had to stop for fear that i'd start bawling uncontrollably. no thank you, i'll save that for the car or home. anyway, i do like the song, but the emotions are still a little too strong to enjoy it.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I knoww..... I LOVE the intro to that song.

Bobbinoggin said...

i get teary-eyed to that song too. but for different reasons. it was my wedding song as i walked down the isle.

Adriane said...

i think it's definitely a song that can cover many emotions and seasons of life...