Thursday, March 18, 2010

Perspective...

On Saturday night, my co-worker's brother-in-law was killed in a car accident. He was 2 months older than me. All I could think about after I found out was that I can't even imagine being in the various roles of this scenario---1)leaving my family behind at such a young age, 2)losing my husband at such a young age (or ever!!), 3)telling my kids their daddy is gone, or 4)losing my daddy as a young child. It's crazy how quickly life can be gone. Because of some circumstances, the marriage wasn't great, but the 4 kids left behind have lost their daddy nonetheless and my heart breaks. Please pray for this family when you have a chance. Strength for mom, peace for kids, and grace as they walk this journey and try to get back to "normal".

Sometimes it takes big events to get me thinking about things I should always have on my mind. Who am I supposed to be sharing Jesus with?? How does God want me to be obedient today?? Am I living out the FULL destiny that God has for my life?? I get so wrapped up in the things I feel that I lack in life---fitness, financial stability, and a little family---that I forget the big picture and the fact that it's NOT all about me. Sure, God wants to fulfill the desires of my heart, but as I'm living to the fullest, I'll be fulfilled and blessings will happen in my life (they are already happening, I need to praise God for each one!!).

No comments: