Monday, August 03, 2009

back to part-time...
today was my first day back to my part-time schedule--mondays and wednesdays off. full-time had its perks; more money to put toward emergency fund/getting prego, getting to know my co-workers better, becoming more competent at my job. throughout working full-time for 8 weeks, i would always think if i was home, i could be doing ______. or ________. or ________. after work, i didn't feel bad about acting like a zombie after 8 hours on my feet and dealing with the public. now i'm back to part-time. it was nice to sleep until 9:30. it was nice to do some yardwork with my kids until i couldn't stand sweating one more second. it was nice to not get ready for the day or have to find an outfit to squeeze into. it was nice to do laundry, put a movie in, and try to organize part of the office. and it has been nice to see conrad a few times during the day.
all that said.......i think i'm coming to a realization that i have to find a balance between overachiever mode and being a lazy butt. sure, there are things that need to be done, and i'm not going to let my house fall apart, but i also need to enjoy my time off. today i made the comment to conrad "i kinda wish i was still working full-time", which was my way of saying i wish i felt more productive today. i have to admit, i loved his response. he adamantly responded, "no! i want you to be able to relax. read, take a nap, play with the kids. now you have a few more days you can spend time with them, and i won't get to for a few more months. that would be awesome." isn't that cute?? :) jack and gracie love, love, LOVE attention and even "talk" to us now (now i'm starting to sound like the crazy cat lady...). i'm glad conrad doesn't have lofty expectations of me. now if i can let go of some of the expectations of myself... how can i resist more time with my kids:)

**jack&gracie**

4 comments:

Steph said...

Quality guy you have!

emily said...

that's EXACTLY what I was struggling with (and still do struggle with) when I quit working to be with Drew. It's a hard balance--one I still haven't quite found.

Bobbinoggin said...

your kitties are soooo prettyyyy.

and your husband is SPOT ON!

Adriane said...

m-i know, aren't my babies adorable?! i spent the first 1/2 hour today holding them and loving on them. they're great for pet therapy (gracie's even licked the tears off my cheeks before...awwww) and pretty simple relationships in my life:) haha.

and yes, i DO have a quality guy. i spent 3 hours today riding in the combine dreaming with him:)

and the productivity struggle...get over it, adriane! haha. wish it were so easy, i'm working on it:) once i do have a baby to take up my time i'll look back on the days when i woke up when i wanted, took a jacuzzi bath at 10 am, rode in the combine, etc., etc., and say "what was i complaining about?!"

okay, this is almost a whole new blog post:)