Tuesday, December 16, 2008

moving in the snow and missing my clients...
yesterday was cold, but fun to move things in to our new home. i got most of the kitchen put away and made plans for the today and wednesday. today, not so fun. it's snowing, so everything on the pickup gets wet. we're to the point where we're done with the boxes that close and the totes with lids, so i'm praying the snow will let up and let us move!! since i'm overwhelmed, my emotions have also been in overdrive. i just LOVE that!! (heavy on the sarcasm). i got a christmas card from Candlewood today and i was thinking that it was nice for the secretary to sign "from Candlewood" and send a card my way. i opened it on the way to town and had to restrain, since i knew i was going to be in public soon. most of my clients also signed the card, writing things like "i miss you a lot", "i hope you'll come and visit if you have enough time", and "i am really missing you a lot, have a merry christmas and stay positive and optimistic." the last one was from a client who was quite engaged in group sessions and seemed to really hear what we were talking about. i'm glad this person remembers me as saying "be positive and optimistic". crazy that i don't really feel like i have a handle on this myself, but i definitely learned a lot to apply in my own life from my time and Candlewood. i miss my clients, i miss my co-workers, and i miss being a part of these peoples' lives. sometimes i wish i could be 2 places at once, 2 people at once, so i could experience the best of both worlds--career world and the homemaker world. up until the card today, i kept thinking i was just on a long vacation from work and kept my feelings to a minimum. now i realize that while i'm feeling like i'm on an extended vacation, my clients are missing me, and a part of my heart will always be with them. was i selfish to leave just before the holiday season?? i pray to God that i made the right decision and have to be settled that He has a plan. well, i better get out of the library and go get subway so i can get back on track with moving. it's snowing worse now than this morning!

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hope you got lots of moving/painting done today. You have a new home!