Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Don't Know if I Can Do It!

Parenting, that is.

So much heartache involved! I know, I know, the good outweighs the bad. But with my co-worker's situation with her son, stories of miscarriages and stillbirths, and other tragedies that happen to families, it really makes my heart question if I could take the baddest of the bad. I'm really, really not trying to just focus on that, but one does question What would I do if I were in that situation?? Could I handle it?? Would I totally fall apart??

A friend on FB wrote today, after losing her niece last night: "One of the best ways to have a little Heaven in your home is to have someone you love in Heaven." I like this quote, because it is a reminder that better things are yet to come. Heaven will wash away all our tears and sadness. Meanwhile, it's very heart-wrenching when the quote is referring to a baby girl who's only 2 weeks from being born into this world. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain mommy-to-be is feeling. With two weeks yet to go, little girl was named, had a nursery ready, and had all the last minute items from her baby shower last weekend. Two weeks more, and mommy-to-be would've been able to kiss her daughter's sweet face. Please pray for her and her husband, as well as the rest of the family and close friends, as they mourn this loss.

No comments: